Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2010/02/11 20:22:19 UTC

ESB Performance Benchmarking Framework - and results of Round 4

Hi All

I have just published the results of the fourth round of performance
benchmarking of ESB's. From the archives of this mailing list, you may
recall that the last round (Round 3) was conducted in June 2008 and
included multiple ESBs - both open source an proprietary. Although some
vendors - such as Mule - welcomed the idea and republished updated
results against an optimized configuration, certain other vendors did
not like being considered into the mix.

Thus the framework has now been modified to enable interested end-users
to test any ESB of their choice against any other ESB, by keeping
everything else constant. The test can be easily run on Amazon EC2 for
less than $2 of computing time, and includes sample requests, scripts,
mock services and load testing clients to enable end-users to try it out
themselves. I believe this will allow a fair and accurate comparison of
ESBs without differences in configuration, Hardware or number of nodes
used etc.

Here is the link to the full article:
http://adroitlogic.org/samples-articles-and-tutorials/15-tutorials/48-esb-performance.html

Feel free to contact me directly with any queries regarding the framework.

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera