Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Gratton <mg...@wpine.com> on 1998/09/21 18:58:32 UTC

os-windows/3038: PATH_TRANSLATED is shifted to lower case from mixed case

>Number:         3038
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       PATH_TRANSLATED is shifted to lower case from mixed case
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
PATH_TRANSLATED is shifted to lower case from mixed case.  This is normally
not a problem on Windows, however the interpreter i am using (JRE, Java Runtime)
does care as when i go to run the java class file, PATH_TRANSLATED says foo.class
when it should really be Foo.class.  The change in case yields java inoperable.

An snippet of the environment for this script is shown here:
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
QUERY_STRING=showLogin=1
REQUEST_URI=/wpscripts/whitepine.pub.UserAuthentication.class?showLogin=1
SCRIPT_NAME=/wpscripts/runcgi.bat
PATH_INFO=/wpscripts/whitepine.pub.UserAuthentication.class
PATH_TRANSLATED=c:\temp\runcgi\whitepine.pub.userauthentication.class

Notice PATH_TRANSLATED is all lower case but none of the other environment strings are.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://portnoy.wpine.com:7690/showbug/whitepine.pub.UserAuthentication.class?showLogin=1

I hope this works, sometimes our firewall lets stuff through and sometimes not.
Also this is my development machine and Apache may or may not be running (sorry!).
If not then simply create a mixed case cgi script name, make a call to it and
notice the PATH_TRANSLATED variable is in all lower case.
>Fix:
Dont really have suggested way to fix, just would like to see it fixed :)