Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/06/04 09:15:02 UTC

Documentation

I made a bash script to count words in documentation, after removing blank
lines, license headers, include:: and leveloffset and I got

8681 lines with 55579 words.

According to
http://www.megcabot.com/about-meg-cabot/frequently-asked-questions-getting-published/
that is *200 pages worth* of novel.

And this seems to concur;
https://www.quora.com/Roughly-how-many-pages-would-50-000-words-produce-in-a-standard-paperback-novel-format

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY; that is the raw text, not including the SNIPPETS that
is from the source code.

I think it is time to get documentation better organized, possibly in "book
format". If anyone has time and interest to think about the outline, what
would go where in a book, then please do that, and I will assist in getting
it done somewhere in the next few months.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer