Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Martin Stingl <ma...@dfv.de> on 2000/04/02 19:14:40 UTC

AW: Installation

[...]
> before looking. I have followed the steps listed below and it seemed like
I was not
> successful. How can you tell that mod_perl was loaded successfully? I am
going to re-load > RedHat linux 6 again but not load the server software. I
will try the steps below to load > apache and mod_perl. Thanks for the
input.

> Ann.
>
>  % cd /usr/src
>  % lwp-download http://www.apache.org/dist/apache_x.x.x.tar.gz
>  % lwp-download http://perl.apache.org/dist/mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz
>  % tar xzvf apache_x.x.x.tar.gz
>  % tar xzvf mod_perl-x.xx.tar.gz
>  % cd mod_perl-x.xx
>  % perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_x.x.x/src \
>    DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
>  % make && make test && make install
>  % cd ../apache_x.x.x
>  % make install

Following the instructions in the Readme.configure of Apache you should do
    $ cd ../apache_1.3.X
    $ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache \
                  --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
                  [--enable-shared=perl]
    $ make
    $ make install
instead of just