Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/09/20 02:12:46 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "PigLatin" by OlgaN

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlgaN:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigLatin

     * The storage function shown above is the default and can be omitted.
     * In the current (1.2) and earlier releases, storage functions are case sensitive. This will get changes in the future releases.
     * If you don't want give names to fields, the AS clause can be omitted. You can refer to the fields by position, $0 for the first field and so on.
+    * If you do provide AS clause, you need to make sure to name all the fields in your data or you can get wrong results.
     * You can specify more complex schemas in the AS clause (see PigLatinSchemas).
     * If your records are stored in some special format that our functions can't parse, you can of course write your own storage function (see PigFunctions).
     * In Pig, relations are ''unordered'', which means we do not guarantee that tuples are processed in any particular order. (In fact, processing may be parallelized, in which case tuples are not processed according to ''any'' total ordering.)