Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sai Arunachalam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/27 19:48:34 UTC

Struts on Geronimo

Hi everyone!
     Does Geronimo support applications that use Struts? If yes, is
there anything in particular that I have to do to get it working?

Thanks in advance,
Sai A

Re: Struts on Geronimo

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Sai Arunachalam wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>      Does Geronimo support applications that use Struts? If yes, is
> there anything in particular that I have to do to get it working?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sai A

Yes - we have a couple of struts apps running happily. You should not
need to do anything special, just take your WAR file and deploy as
usual. You may need to define entries for any resource-ref's etc. that
you are using in web.xml

--
Jeremy

Re: Struts on Geronimo

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Eric Shannon wrote:
> I successfully deployed an application of mine that uses Struts
> actions and Tiles.

Was it with Jetty or Tomcat embedded? Also, I can't imagine how
Struts-based applications couldn't work on Geronimo. It's a job of
Jetty/Tomcat so how would it be broken (unless there's a bug in
Jetty/Tomcat themselves). I don't understand the worry :(

> I put the required struts and commons jars in the WEB-INF\lib
> directory.

That's how it's supposed to be done. That's a web application and all of
the jars should be underneath WEB-INF/lib whereas classes should go to
WEB-INF/classes.

> I expect you could also place them in the Geronimo
> repository and define the dependencies in your geronimo-jetty.xml
> file.

Why? Isn't it sufficient to put them in WEB-INF directories?

Jacek

Re: Struts on Geronimo

Posted by Eric Shannon <sh...@gmail.com>.
I successfully deployed an application of mine that uses Struts
actions and Tiles.

I put the required struts and commons jars in the WEB-INF\lib
directory.  I expect you could also place them in the Geronimo
repository and define the dependencies in your geronimo-jetty.xml
file.