Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Matthew Russell <ma...@digitalreasoning.com> on 2009/02/06 08:57:09 UTC

"Invalid auth token" Error

Hey everyone,

I was looking back at this thread: http://markmail.org/thread/ovmlcoj2iho7weh7

I've been debugging it for a bit, and obviously, the "Invalid auth token" issue manifests in the "process" function of rpc.js here:

if (authToken[rpc.f] != rpc.t) {
          throw new Error("Invalid auth token.");
}

As it turns out, the "rpc.t" part of that if statement is always 0 on IE (but not FF) because in the "call" function, targetId is ".." and the value for rpc.t ultimately ends up being defined by the expression

authToken['..'] = params.rpctoken || params.ifpctok || 0

which is declared near the top of the file.

In my case (same domain) this means that ultimately the "process" function gets called (via "receiveSameDomain") and that's where it turns out that rpc.t is 0 and the Error is thrown.

Another detail from looking a little deeper is that IE(7) is using "nix" for a message transport, and an error is occurring inside of the "nix" section of "setupFrame", which gets called from setAuthToken, which got called when the iframe url was being setup back in gadgets.js. Supposedly this means that "ifpc" would be used as a transport -- any maybe it would if it ever advanced past the error in "process".

All that said -- I am really running out of ideas on what is going on with all of this or how to fix it. I'm hoping that with the background I've provided someone will have ideas on helping to get this"Invalid auth token" Error to quit popping up all of the time. If I find out something in the meanwhile, I'll report back.