Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 19:49:53 UTC

Tapestry with unit since the begin

Hi, I'm with a project where I have that to do unit tests, but as I never
have that to do before it, I don't make idea of how make.

I already see some pages about this, but nothing that make me to learn
myself.

I don't make idea if I have that execute in mode java application or server
application, or where I put the tests files.

I would like of something that explain me since the begin, but that too be
fast.

Someone can help me?

Fwd: Tapestry with unit since the begin

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Here's the situation.

This list exists to help people with problems specific to Tapestry.
It's pretty active, and people are very willing to help ... with
Tapestry specific problems. It is not a resource for people to learn
everything about Java, or testing, or software engineering.  There are
specific lists and forums out there for you to find. If we tried to
answer every question about every aspect about creating software, we'd
have no time to answer questions about things we are expert in.

Now, once you read up on the basics of testing, there are some
specific issues about how to test Tapestry applications; we'd love to
help you with those, but first we need to be speaking the same
language: do your homework, learn about testing in general, testing
with Java, testing with TestNG and once you have a handle on that, the
links Thiago posted will really help you understand the specific
issues concerning Tapestry.

Posted by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com>.
2012/7/11 Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>

> Here's the situation.
>
> This list exists to help people with problems specific to Tapestry.
> It's pretty active, and people are very willing to help ... with
> Tapestry specific problems. It is not a resource for people to learn
> everything about Java, or testing, or software engineering.  There are
> specific lists and forums out there for you to find. If we tried to
> answer every question about every aspect about creating software, we'd
> have no time to answer questions about things we are expert in.
>
> Now, once you read up on the basics of testing, there are some
> specific issues about how to test Tapestry applications; we'd love to
> help you with those, but first we need to be speaking the same
> language: do your homework, learn about testing in general, testing
> with Java, testing with TestNG and once you have a handle on that, the
> links Thiago posted will really help you understand the specific
> issues concerning Tapestry.

I just think that if anyone was free, would go can help me. And NOT would
go disturb anybody.

But ok. I finish here.

2012/7/11 Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>

> Easy, Easy, don't get mad now.
>
> Thiago pointed to plenty of documentation to get you started.
> That's all that could be reasonably expected on a Tapestry mailing list, or
> any mailing list in general.
>
> It's unreasonable to ask for people on the mailing list to do your project
> for you for free,
> which is what you are really asking us to do.

Please stop, your only intention was of to create conflict.

Re: Tapestry with unit since the begin

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Easy, Easy, don't get mad now.

Posted by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com>.
My apologies, I left a little of the focus this mailing list. Won't happen
again.

But my intention don't was create conflict, like you can see in all my
e-mails sent.

I did part of other community similary, where our focus was Invision Power
Board (CMS in PHP), but we helped in PHP, HTML, CSS e SQL too.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com>.
I disagree where you talk that "all this is outside the scope of this
mailing list", until because, this mailing list isn't so active. But,
anyway, thank you.

If more someone can help, I would be very happy.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Lopes <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.