Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by omri suissa <om...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 11:02:27 UTC

How to countinue with the test without wating to the HTTP response

Hi,
I have a special HTTP case I want to test using JMeter.
1) send request to get tokens
2) read the response and send requests using the response tokens
3) read the response and send requests in loop using the response tokens
But here is the catch, one (type) of the loop requests is taking a lot of
time (this is ok by me) and i want to test to continue and not to wait to
the response, i can create another group of threads but then i don't know
how i can get the first request tokens (response).

Thank you,
Omri

Re: How to countinue with the test without wating to the HTTP response

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15/09/2009, omri suissa <om...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a special HTTP case I want to test using JMeter.
>  1) send request to get tokens
>  2) read the response and send requests using the response tokens
>  3) read the response and send requests in loop using the response tokens
>  But here is the catch, one (type) of the loop requests is taking a lot of
>  time (this is ok by me) and i want to test to continue and not to wait to
>  the response, i can create another group of threads but then i don't know
>  how i can get the first request tokens (response).

JMeter samplers all issue a request and wait for the response.
It does not support asynchronous protocols.

You can use the While Controller to repeat a sampler until suitable
condition occurs that signals the end of the wait.

Also, JMeter requires all thread groups to be defined before the start
of the test.

Posted by omri suissa <om...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, ill use the While Controller and the JMeter Properties
to achieve what i need.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.