Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/09 20:24:14 UTC

Crash when reverting

Hi,

here's a short way to trigger a crash:

svn co http://server/svn/trunk wcfolder
svn mkdir wcfolder/folder
echo file1 > wcfolder/folder/file
svn add wcfolder
svn ci -m "" wcfolder
svn mv wcfolder/folder/file wcfolder/file
svn rm wcfolder/folder

crash here:
svn revert -R wcfolder/folder

This with the latest build from the 1.8.x svn branch. Haven't tried a
build from trunk, but I couldn't see any relevant changes in the source
so I guess it happens there as well.

https://www.crash-server.com/Problem.aspx?ClientID=tsvn&ProblemID=36662

attaching a bat file to reproduce the crash as well (rename txt to bat).

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

RE: Crash when reverting

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

If you would have written it as
[[
@XFail()
@Issue(4436)
def revert_move(sbox):
  "revert a move"

  sbox.build()
  sbox.simple_mkdir('NEW')
  sbox.simple_append('NEW/file', '1')
  sbox.simple_add('NEW/file')
  sbox.simple_commit('NEW')

  sbox.simple_move('NEW/file', 'file')
  sbox.simple_rm('NEW')

  svntest.actions.run_and_verify_svn(None, None, [],
                                     'revert', '-R', sbox.path('NEW'))
]]

Which I just did in r1530763, then you would have needed less lines, and you
could have just committed it as a regression test :)
(Thanks for the batch file though!)

I think I got the same issue reported by an AnkhSVN user without a full
reproduction recipe.

I filed the issue as #4436, as I'm quite busy with other work right now.

	Bert