Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Myers <Ab...@netscape.net> on 2002/02/01 02:49:36 UTC

Re: Connection Pooling

I did give this a try although I had a few hassles getting it running in the Visual Age 4.0 and the WebSphere Test Environment (the lazy instantiation didn't seem to work on the first attempt and I always had to reload my pages to see the data?).  Has anyone successfully used this in WTE?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Posted by Brad Rhoads <br...@zethcon.com>.
Does anyone know of any connection pooling solution that will work with any
version of any database and with any application server?

We found out we need to support Oracle 8.0 and the 8.0 drivers don't support
JDBC 2.0 (please correct me if I'm wrong on this) so I was planning to put
in PoolMan, but I also need the app to work in WebSphere.

http://webmail.netscape.com/