Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 10:08:37 UTC

Pass Multiple Docs.

How can we pass multiple docs as an input in UIMA?

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Sharma, Kishor wrote:
> Hi Anuj,
> I was also trying to develop a text mining system using UIMA but couldn't succeed, I used vector space model of data mining for my project.
> If u will be able to do it please let me know ur appraoch?

Check out ClearTK: http://code.google.com/p/cleartk/

--Thilo

RE: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by "Sharma, Kishor" <Ki...@deshaw.com>.
Hi Anuj,
I was also trying to develop a text mining system using UIMA but couldn't succeed, I used vector space model of data mining for my project.
If u will be able to do it please let me know ur appraoch?

Thanks,
Kishor

Posted by Matthias Wendt <ma...@neofonie.de>.
I guess you're starting the CPE from the bash and expecting the results
to be printed on stdout.? This is not the case. You have to implement a
cas consumer - a component that consumes the results, stores them,
writes them to stdout or whatever you want it to do.

Have a look at the UIMA Tutorials and Dev. Guide
<http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.cpe.cas_consumer.developing>
for hints on developing and integrating a cas consumer.

--
--------------------------------

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
No ?

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Matthias Wendt <ma...@neofonie.de>.
Hi,

--
--------------------------------

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
You simply have to pipeline the Whitespace Tokenizer and the Tagger
annotators in an Aggregate AE, you will get the POS tagging as a property of
the TokenAnnotation and not as an Annotation itself.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> You'll find POS tagging in the UIMA sandbox,
> and there are any number of open source classifiers
> out there.  Coreference resolution and sentiment
> analysis is another matter.  I don't know of any
> open source components for those, but maybe
> someone else does.

The OpenNLP tools provide you with most of the tools you
need. It has sentence detector, tokenizer, pos tagger,
chunker, parser and coreference resolution.

It is licensed currently under LGPL, but this will be changed for the
next
major release to ASL to ease integration with apache projects.

You can find more information about it at the project website:

http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/

Jörn

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thilo-

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Re: Pass Multiple Docs.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> How can we pass multiple docs as an input in UIMA?

UIMA obtains documents e.g. from a database through a Collection Reader.
In your case this means that you have to implement your own Collection
Reader
which can access your specific database. The UIMA examples contains a
sample
which shows how to implement a Collection Reader which reads documents
from the file system. Have a look at the code.

You can find more about Collection Reader in the UIMA documentation:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.cpe.collection_reader.developing

Hope this helps,
Jörn