Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Péter Sinóros-Szabó <pe...@transferwise.com.INVALID> on 2020/01/22 17:08:19 UTC

MM2 offset sync vs checkpoints

Hi,

Why do MM2 need offset sync messages too? It seems to me that the
checkpoint messages contains everything that's needed for offset
translation. What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Peter

Re: MM2 offset sync vs checkpoints

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
Peter, the offset sync records are used internally to create the checkpoint
records. You are correct that the checkpoints include everything you need.

Ryanne