Posted to user@poi.apache.org by sanmoy <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/16 10:44:33 UTC

document format is not maintained while writing into a new file

I am writing a simple piece of code

FileInputStream fileInputStream = new FileInputStream(new
File("C:\\header.doc"));
FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = new FileOutputStream(new
File("C:\\header_en.doc"));
HWPFDocument hwpfDocument = new HWPFDocument(fileInputStream);
hwpfDocument.write(fileOutputStream);

My document has few lines with different formatting ( color, font, size etc
etc ) , but the output file has all same formatting as the first line

Re: document format is not maintained while writing into a new file

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, sanmoy wrote:
> My document has few lines with different formatting ( color, font, size
> etc etc ) , but the output file has all same formatting as the first
> line

Try again with a recent nightly build / build from a svn checkout. Sergey
has been doing some fantastic work on HWPF lately!

Nick