Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ma...@student.uni-ulm.de on 2003/07/08 11:13:00 UTC

Installing Cocoon 2.1m3 on Tomcat 4.1.24

I built the war with "build war" copied it to tomcat/webapps and also copied the
endorsed-folder into the one of tomcat. When I'm trying to access the cocoon
servlet, my webbrowser shows following error:

Initialization Problem

Message: null

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

Directory
'/Library/Tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/cache-dir/' is
not readable/writable

request-uri

/cocoon/

What's wrong?!?
Thanks in advance for every help!
Mat

Re: Installing Cocoon 2.1m3 on Tomcat 4.1.24

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
mathias.wiegard@student.uni-ulm.de wrote:
> I built the war with "build war" copied it to tomcat/webapps and also copied the
> endorsed-folder into the one of tomcat. When I'm trying to access the cocoon
> servlet, my webbrowser shows following error:
>
> Initialization Problem

> cause
>
> Directory
> '/Library/Tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/cache-dir/' is
> not readable/writable

> What's wrong?!?
> Thanks in advance for every help!
> Mat

That directory and several others like them are created by cocoon to do
its work.  You apparently have some permissions problem, which could be
caused by a number of scenarios.  If you can, you may just need to make
sure you give the user running tomcat sufficient privileges on the work
directory (like with chown -R).  Alternatively, you can change the
directories Cocoon uses in web.xml and cocoon.xconf.

Geoff Howard