Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Mearns <me...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/01 02:48:17 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Files not found

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:10:18 +0100, bruno wrote:
>>
>> I have installed apache 2.2 on my computer and start server but only I
>> can launch index.html on the browser. When I try to load other file
>> browser show me error "Not found".
>
> What's in the location bar?
>
>        http://127.0.0.1/   ?
>
>  -or-
>
>        file:///path/to/index.html      ?

What files are you expecting? The build usually sets up the
DocumentRoot to be ${prefix}/htdocs/ or something, and the only thing
that's there by default is index.html. If you have other files you
want to serve, you need to set/change the DocumentRoot directive in
your httpd.conf file.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Files not found

Posted by bruno <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 20:48 -0400, Brian Mearns wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Jonesy <gm...@jonz.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 23:10:18 +0100, bruno wrote:
> >>
> >> I have installed apache 2.2 on my computer and start server but only I
> >> can launch index.html on the browser. When I try to load other file
> >> browser show me error "Not found".
> >
> > What's in the location bar?
> >
> >        http://127.0.0.1/   ?
> >
> >  -or-
> >
> >        file:///path/to/index.html      ?
>
> What files are you expecting? The build usually sets up the
> DocumentRoot to be ${prefix}/htdocs/ or something, and the only thing
> that's there by default is index.html. If you have other files you
> want to serve, you need to set/change the DocumentRoot directive in
> your httpd.conf file.

I'm building html files on apache default htdocs directory. I didn't
make any change to httpd.conf.

> -Brian

Thanks,
Bruno.