Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/12/18 14:34:01 UTC

[Discss] CLI Distribution Refined

Hi Devs,

I have now refined the CLI distribution as follows:

*Previous CLI distribution folder structure:*

​
- In this model the dependent library classes were packaged in the same CLI
JAR file.
- This makes it difficult for us to patch dependent components and the
visibility of those components are very low
- This distribution strcuture does not contain standard distribution
folders such as bin, conf, lib, etc.

*New CLI distribution folder structure:*

​

- In the new model we have introduced the lib folder and the CLI JAR file
only contains CLI classes.
- All dependent JAR files can be found under lib folder
- log4j.properties file can be found under conf folder
- All the logs are written to logs/stratos-cli.log file
- JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1043

Thanks
​

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discss] CLI Distribution Refined

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

+1 for the new structure. From this we can clearly illustrate the CLI
patching model which is not currently address clearly.

Thanks !

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I have now refined the CLI distribution as follows:
>
> *Previous CLI distribution folder structure:*
>

> ​
> - In this model the dependent library classes were packaged in the same
> CLI JAR file.
> - This makes it difficult for us to patch dependent components and the
> visibility of those components are very low
> - This distribution strcuture does not contain standard distribution
> folders such as bin, conf, lib, etc.
>
> *New CLI distribution folder structure:*
>

> ​
>
> - In the new model we have introduced the lib folder and the CLI JAR file
> only contains CLI classes.
> - All dependent JAR files can be found under lib folder
> - log4j.properties file can be found under conf folder
> - All the logs are written to logs/stratos-cli.log file
> - JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1043
>
> Thanks
> ​
>

> --