Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jonathan Jackson <Jo...@Dartmouth.EDU> on 2001/06/07 19:41:14 UTC

Criteria explanation?

I'm fairly new to the TDK. I recently got it set up and connecting to a MySQL database, and now I'm trying to learn how to do selections, insertions, etc. To that end, I was wondering if someone could explain the criteria object. The API documentation for it has not been helpful.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
-Jonathan Jackson

Re: Criteria explanation?

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Thursday, June 7, 2001, at 01:41  PM, Jonathan Jackson wrote:

> I was wondering if someone could explain the criteria object. The API
> documentation for it has not been helpful.

The short story is that Criteria is used to construct the WHERE clause
for SQL statements.

The peers how-to gives an overview that includes some info about Criteria
and how it fits into the larger context of peers:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/peers-howto.html

That's a general answer for a general question.  If you need more
specifics
please ask.

-Eric