Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sanjeev Joshi <sc...@cisco.com> on 2001/10/07 16:18:53 UTC

cgi-bin and session issues with Tomcat - Help !!

Hi,

I  am not sure if this question  is asked before ...

I am running Apache  1.3.6  with  Tomcat  3.2.3 with jserv connector.

Apache's Document root is  /path/to/apache/htdocs

My perl scripts are in        /path/to/cgi-bin

I have  context  /example in Tomcat 's server.xml   mapped to the
docbase= /path/to/apache/htdoc ( Apache's  DocumentRoot and Tomcat
docBase are same). I have a servlet  in Tomcat ... say "SomeServlet"

First time  I make calls  to  "SomeServlet" from  any of the  html files
in  /path/to/apache/htdocs using
http://servername:port/example/servlet/SomeServlet ,   a new session is
created  as  expected !

Subsequently  when  I make calls  to  SomeServlet from  any of the  html
files in  /path/to/apache/htdocs, the session  values are intact and no
new session is created and everything works fine..

Then , when  I make calls to  the same "SomeServlet" from   perl
scripts    /path/to/cgi-bin using the same url call
http://servername:port/example/servlet/SomeServlet , a new session is
created and  all the old session values are lost !!!!

I don't expect it at all ... !!! Because   In both cases I am calling
the same URL http://servername:port/example/servlet/SomeServlet  !!

I guess Tomcat might  be seeing the call from cgi-bin directory as
something from another context  and hence creating fresh session ......

Anyone has faced this problem and fixed it  preferably without a hack in
to the tomcat code !

Other question :

- Are there any known problems of  mod_jk  when used with the  Apache
1.3.6 ?? I was not able to use it . I had to get back to mod_jerv !

Thanks in advance !!!

regards

-Joshi