Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2005/09/15 12:38:02 UTC

Problems With Dependency Downloading

I am still having the following problems with the process of downloading
dependencies during builds (all of this is with SVN revision from this
morning running on JRockit 1.4.2 on Linux):

1) While running the m2-bootstrap.sh script to build m2, plugins that
are dependencies of items in the  build do not use the mirror of
"central-plugins"; m2 goes directly to ibiblio for those items.
Although this is not a direct problem for me (other than when I can't
seem to get a response from ibiblio or get 503's from there), I have
seen people on this list who are in a situation where the build machine
cannot download from ibiblio and need an approved mirror.

2) While building my own projects, I am still seeing the dependencies
which only exist in our locally-hosted repository (such as jars from our
application server's library) being downloaded from ibiblio first, then
going to the repositories listed in the POMs (as described in MNG-753).
This may have to do with the fact that the jar is listed in the project
but the version is resolved in a parent POM's dependencyManagement.

Re: Problems With Dependency Downloading

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Allison, Bob wrote:

>I am still having the following problems with the process of downloading
>dependencies during builds (all of this is with SVN revision from this
>morning running on JRockit 1.4.2 on Linux):
>
>1) While running the m2-bootstrap.sh script to build m2, plugins that
>are dependencies of items in the  build do not use the mirror of
>"central-plugins"; m2 goes directly to ibiblio for those items.
>Although this is not a direct problem for me (other than when I can't
>seem to get a response from ibiblio or get 503's from there), I have
>seen people on this list who are in a situation where the build machine
>cannot download from ibiblio and need an approved mirror.

As per my earlier email, I have revert central-plugins back to just
"central", keeping them in the same repo. This should ease the pain by
only needing one mirror. I assume that you already have a
mirror/override for this repo - there are tests confirming this works,
so I'm not sure what the issue is (see it0043).

>2) While building my own projects, I am still seeing the dependencies
>which only exist in our locally-hosted repository (such as jars from our
>application server's library) being downloaded from ibiblio first, then
>going to the repositories listed in the POMs (as described in MNG-753).
>This may have to do with the fact that the jar is listed in the project
>but the version is resolved in a parent POM's dependencyManagement.

I can also confirm that this is working for me.

Do you have a reproducible test case?

Thanks,
Brett