Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rodrigo Tenorio <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/01 15:41:14 UTC

Re: My Tomcat just not start

Lung

My Virtual Machine configuration in Java tab is "C:\Arquivos de
programas\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\client\jvm.dll"...
I notice that you say-me to try
"C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll", but my jdk in same Java
diractory is "jdk1.5.0_04".
I don't know how to explain, but Tomcat functioned normally when I tried
to start it in Eclipse...

Manivanaan

Well, this file do not exist in my Tomcat directory.
I'm starting to believe that it must be this...

I caught all the installation of the JVM, Tomcat and Eclipse in the
computer science sector of the college.
He functions well with the Eclipse...

Now I was still more lost...

RE: My Tomcat just not start

Posted by Chris Berthold <cb...@styleline.com>.
It sounds more like an issue with you JAVA_HOME environment variable.  Make
sure you point your JAVA_HOME at your JDK path. If you have run the upgrade
that comes with the JAVA JRE then it only upgrades the JRE and not the JDK.
You can only use the JRE if you precompile EVERYTHING.  Great for a high
performance high volume production environment but if not the JDK needs to
compile your JSP's at runtime.  I'd suggest downloading the newest JDK from
sun's site just to be sure. The first path in the install is the path that
needs to go into your system environment variable for JAVA_HOME.

Chris Berthold
IT Systems Analyst
Commercial Refrigerator Door Company
941 . 371 . 8110 x 205