Posted to user@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@apache.org> on 2020/09/11 08:17:14 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.18 released

It’s a great pleasure to announce the release of Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.18

Apache OpenWebBeans-2.x is a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8 / Jakarta EE 8 level).

This is a maintenance release targeting the new CDI 2.0 specification!
CDI is a JavaEE standard specification (JSR-365) but fully available under Apache License v2.0.
http://cdi-spec.org/ <http://cdi-spec.org/>
https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html <https://docs.jboss.org/cdi/spec/2.0/cdi-spec.html>

We also provide *-jakarta.jar libraries which taget the new jakarta.* package names which replace some javax packages in JakartaEE.

OpenWebBeans is modularly built and can be used either in pure Java SE, in a Servlet Container like e.g. Tomcat or in fully fledged JavaEE containers.
Our core is only 700kByte and thus brings full JavaEE-8 compatibility at a smaller size of most so called ‚micro solutions‘.

Distribution packages can be downloaded via https://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html <https://openwebbeans.apache.org/download.html>

The release is also available via maven https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/ <https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/openwebbeans/>

We also include an installer scripts in our binary distribution which can be used as easy as:

$> unzip openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.18-binary.zip
$> cd openwebbeans-distribution-2.0.18
$> ./install_owb_tomcat7.bat /opt/your/apache-tomcat-9.x.x

(works with Apache Tomcat7 and 8, 8.5 and 9)

OpenWebBeans-2.0.x is included in Apache Meecrowave-1.2.x and Apache TomEE-8.x releases.

The following tickets got resolved:
Sub-task
    [OWB-1346] - prevent scanning of generated proxies

Bug
    [OWB-1281] - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError in scanner stops application deployment
    [OWB-1328] - NPE in AbstractMetaDataFactory
    [OWB-1332] - BeansDeployer#packageVetoCache does not work for negative hits
    [OWB-1333] - [junit5] @Cdi#onStart not working
    [OWB-1341] - Event bus: IN_PROGRESS phase should not be sent to transactionService
    [OWB-1342] - Improve startup performance
    [OWB-1344] - Ensure creating annotatedtype is thread safe at runtime

Task
    [OWB-1327] - Run TCK for jakarta packaging
    [OWB-1329] - Remove openwebbeans-maven module
    [OWB-1330] - Junit5 parameter resolver companion for @Cdi
    [OWB-1331] - Create ajunit5 @Scopes extension to be able to control a bit more the started scopes
    [OWB-1343] - Add a property to skip @Vetoed check on packages
    [OWB-1345] - Upgrade gradle shadow plugin support to v6.0.0
    [OWB-1347] - upgrade to apache-parent 23

have fun,
The Apache OpenWebBeans Team