Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2004/06/15 22:38:19 UTC

Re: [mp2] Authen handler with htgroup authorization

In message <40...@modperlcookbook.org>, Geoffrey Young writes:
>can you try current CVS if you get the chance?

Done. dumps core at the same function in mod_auth.
Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_15-dev Perl/v5.8.4 DAV/2

>I'll try to investigate it this week. is your PerlAuthenHandler just
>returning OK?  and I am assuming that the mp2 test suite passes ok as well?

Yes.
sub handler {
    my($r) = @_;

    return Apache::OK unless $r->is_initial_req;

    my($status, $password) = $r->get_basic_auth_pw;
    return $status unless $status == Apache::OK;

    return Apache::OK;
}

John
groenveld@acm.org

Re: [mp2] Authen handler with htgroup authorization

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
John D Groenveld wrote:
> In message <40...@modperlcookbook.org>, Geoffrey Young writes:
>
>>can you try current CVS if you get the chance?
>

> Done. dumps core at the same function in mod_auth.
> Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_15-dev Perl/v5.8.4 DAV/2

The core dump shows that neither mod_perl nor Perl are involved. I suppose
Geoff was suggesting to try the cvs version of Apache? It seems to be a pure
Apache problem. Try to get all the mod_perl parts away from your config and
see if you can reproduce the problem using mod_cgi or similar.