Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2004/02/29 16:37:09 UTC

jakarta-gump -> gump

Hi,

I hae seen that infrastructure has just renamed the repository from
jakarta-gump to gump.

I believe the machines where gump is running would need the following :

- in the directory tree containing the version of gump used to run gump,
change the contents of the file CVS/Repository every where to start with
gump instead of jakarta-gump

- maybe also change the name of the directory where gump is installed
from jakarta-gump to gump and adapt crontabs/shell scripts

Antoine

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>>    /data3/gump/jakarta-gump
>
> Please don't bother,

I was actually already done when I hit "send"...not like its a lot of
work. Anyway I trust you'll be able to make sure tonight's run runs ;)

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> The thing about the way LSD is installed, is that the gump install
directory
> (which [as of this moment] contains a work directory with stats.db a DBM
> file in it) is within the log. As such, if the name of this install
matches
> the module name, it actually (twice) checks out itself over itself, but
then
> 'cleans' via an rsync. That kills the stats database...

Sorry, I wrote 'log' -- I ought have said workspace base directory - i.e.
where Gump puts the modules (via rsync) in order to work on them.

regards

Adam

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> >     /data3/gump/jakarta-gump
>
> Please don't bother, I am working in there at this mo, just checking out
> from CVS from scratch & copying the config in. I'll write details when I
get
> time.

The thing about the way LSD is installed, is that the gump install directory
(which [as of this moment] contains a work directory with stats.db a DBM
file in it) is within the log. As such, if the name of this install matches
the module name, it actually (twice) checks out itself over itself, but then
'cleans' via an rsync. That kills the stats database...

Long ago I separated 'jakarta-gump' (module) from 'gump' (install) so we had
two, one 'safe', but the TLP status caught up with me.

We need to move any stuff out of the work area (under the install) and have
it associated with the workspace somehow. I'll add it to JIRA some time
[along with the other bazillion I have in my head.]

regards,

Adam

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> There might well be another directory, probably /opt/jakarta-gump, where the
> version of gump used as runtime is located.

actually, I think gump overwrites itself with the one checked out from
CVS. But I'm not completely sure. Anyways, this is

    /data3/gump/jakarta-gump

which I'll update as well, ust to be sure.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Leo Simons <leosimons <at> apache.org> writes:

> Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
> > - in the directory tree containing the version of gump used to run gump,
> > change the contents of the file CVS/Repository every where to start with
> > gump instead of jakarta-gump
>
> I have done this for lsd:/data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-gump.

Leo,

There might well be another directory, probably /opt/jakarta-gump, where the
version of gump used as runtime is located.

This one is even more critical than lsd:/data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-gump

And it almost certainly also requires a tweaking of the Repository files of the
CVS subdirs.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: jakarta-gump -> gump

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
> - in the directory tree containing the version of gump used to run gump,
> change the contents of the file CVS/Repository every where to start with
> gump instead of jakarta-gump

I have done this for lsd:/data3/gump/cvs/jakarta-gump.

> - maybe also change the name of the directory where gump is installed
> from jakarta-gump to gump and adapt crontabs/shell scripts

I'll leave that to Adam as I guess I could miss a spot :D

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons