Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Justin Robinson <ju...@venturenet.co.za> on 2011/09/06 14:32:08 UTC

Need help getting started with creating some specialized ProductPromoRules

I have been written quite a bit of code within the ofbiz framework, but I
really need some advice on where to start for this.
I have searched the source to see where lookups for entity
"ProductPromoRule"  occur. This is usually a starting point for me with any
customization to ofbiz.
But well the whole promo system looks quite scattered and I'm not sure where
to start, definitely need some expert advice to get me started on this, just
a hint or a nudge.

I basically need to pair up certain digital products & get the promo price
to be used for the ones that can be paired & the default price/list price
used for the remainder ie: unpaired.

I see in catalog/control/EditProductPromoRules?productPromoId= you can
select call service for both condition & action, and I was thinking I could
write services to do this pairing, I'm just not sure how to set up such a
rule.

*A little background....*
*Ok we have customised ofbiz to function as a subscription service reseller
ERP. Am currently migrating all our customer subscription service profiles
to the ofbiz system from the legacy system. The migration, basically will
create orders that contain products which have associated content &
subscriptions etc

......extracting the data from the legacy system & mapping it to ofbiz
products, this code is by necessity as convoluted as the legacy system had
become, I'm actually amazed that it works, luckily it only really needs to
run once then I can throw it away....

Then admin staff will check each against the legacy system before they are
approved, setting all the cogs turning, for monthly autoReorders etc etc.
Getting these promo rules set up is the last thing I have to do before I run
the migration logic to create all the initial orders.
*

*So this is the an example scenario for the type of rules I need to now
setup.
To make it simple say we have, in the migration created order:

3 x "Domain Hosting" products* *
5 x "Email Address" products

We want any single "Domain Hosting" product to include a free  "Email
Address" product.
So the rules need to dictate that for 3 of the "Email Address" products the
promo price should be used, because they are paired with the 3  "Domain
Hosting" products. The other 2 "Email Address" products will use the list
price.
*
This forum has been a great help to me during the last 7 months. Any insight
into how I might get started on creating such a rule would be really
awesome!
*Thanks guys for all your help.
*
Justin
Venture-Net Research & Development

Re: Need help getting started with creating some specialized ProductPromoRules

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I use
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/webtools/control/ViewRelations?entityName=ProductPromoRule
to start.
then
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org:8443/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
I am not sure that Artifact will give you all but it does help.

Justin Robinson sent the following on 9/6/2011 5:32 AM: