Posted to users@ws.apache.org by John Svazic <js...@mks.com> on 2003/03/12 19:55:29 UTC

Persistent connections

Hi,

I'm new to XML-RPC and I'm curious if it's possible to maintain session
information between XML-RPC calls from the same user using the build-in
server, or would I have to create a separate servlet that would handle the
requests and the session tracking?  The reason I ask is because I want to
develop a framework which uses privileged method calls that can only be
accessed if the user has successfully connected, otherwise the RPC call
would fail, but naturally I don't want to pass the login credentials in
every time a call is made.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

John Svazic
Software Architect, Research & Development, MKS Inc., www.mks.com
Waterloo, ON, Canada; Tel: (519)883-3215;  Fax: (519)884-8861
Build Better Software(tm)

Re: Persistent connections

Posted by Peter Carter <pe...@pbc.ottawa.on.ca>.
I have already written this code. If there is any great interest, I
could make the code more generic and make it public.