Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by zh...@sohu.com on 2002/08/07 10:54:24 UTC

How to use api manage user

 Hi there,

         I have some question to use james API.i want to use james api to manage the user ,
i don't want use james command with "telnet hostname 4555" to manage, but i don't know the
steps how to use the api,how to initialize the run-environment of the api,i am  vexing of it.

 Best regards,
 zhang

Re: How to use api manage user

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
The james API is in fact not an API. What you can find on the website under
that name is simply the documentation of the james implementation. I do not
know why it is called API.

The mailet specification is really an API, but that has nothing to do with
user accounts.

If you want to manage users yourself I guess you should use a database user
store and manipulate it through SQL.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>