Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ga...@gmx.de on 2012/10/08 07:31:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting headers with mod_proxy on Apache 2.2.23 works for http but not for https

We use a Google Search Appliance to crawl internal web servers. Because the servers don't provide some headers needed by the GSA, I configured an Apache 2.2.23 with mod_proxy to add these headers and configured it to be used by the GSA.

This works for http-urls, but not for https. The content is retrieved in the latter case but the headers are not added (I peeked with httpfox in Firefox)

By the way: we are not able to configure the web servers directly, else I would add the headers there. So using a forwarding proxy seems to be the only solution.

This is my reduced to the relevant parts configuration:

---------------------------------

ServerName proxy.local

LogLevel debug

ServerRoot "C:/apache2"

LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

Listen 8338

<VirtualHost *:8338>
  ProxyRequests On
  ProxyVia On
  SSLProxyEngine On

  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from *
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
  </Proxy>

  Header always set X-GSA-External-Metadata "key=value"

</VirtualHost>