Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by bikeguy <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/22 06:38:10 UTC

Open office install and ads

Hi

I installed open office today and after I did I noticed I was getting alot
of pop up ads I hadnt previously gotten while on the web visiting various
pages.

Does your version of Open Office come with ad software attached and if so
how can I remove it?

Thanks
Brian

Re: Open office install and ads

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 22-5-2014 14:38, bikeguy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed open office today and after I did I noticed I was getting alot
> of pop up ads I hadnt previously gotten while on the web visiting various
> pages.
>
> Does your version of Open Office come with ad software attached and if so
> how can I remove it?
OpenOffice doesn't come with adds, at least when you have downloaded it
from www.openoffice.org which redirect you to www.sourceforge.net

Posted by Tony Gallas <to...@spin.net.au>.
G'day Brian
If there is an official site for any software, use it. Software
downloaded from a third party site, which may be partly funded by
selling ad software, often results in you getting more than you
bargained for. I never use them, never get unwanted ad popups.
Cheers
Tony