Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/24 20:53:44 UTC

Commons chain?

Hi all,
I was thinking about including Commons Chain in Tiles 2.1. In
particular, it will be useful for:
- replacing ChainedTilesContextFactory, that is, in fact a CoR object;
- using multiple chained DefinitionDao, for example to try to load
first from definition URL, then from patterned (with wildcard)
definition, then from a db.
- for view preparers, where they can be "commands" of Commons Chain.

Thoughts?

Antonio

Re: Commons chain?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/25 Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> I agree on all points. I use chain quite a lot and find it very
> useful. Maybe it's something I can actually help with :-)

There is already an issue that involves the use of commons-chain, just
if you want to take a look ;-)
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-212

Antonio

Re: Commons chain?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/25 Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Antonio Petrelli
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was thinking about including Commons Chain in Tiles 2.1. In
>> particular, it will be useful for:
>> - replacing ChainedTilesContextFactory, that is, in fact a CoR object;
>> - using multiple chained DefinitionDao, for example to try to load
>> first from definition URL, then from patterned (with wildcard)
>> definition, then from a db.
>> - for view preparers, where they can be "commands" of Commons Chain.
>
> I agree on all points. I use chain quite a lot and find it very
> useful. Maybe it's something I can actually help with :-)

Thinking on it a second time, I think that the introduction of Commons
Chain could be done in a Tiles 3.0 version, so we can use the chain in
every aspect of the process.
IMO I see currently Tiles 2.1 as Tiles 2.0 with more features.
Introducing Chain will change how definitions are got and used.

Antonio

Re: Commons chain?

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was thinking about including Commons Chain in Tiles 2.1. In
> particular, it will be useful for:
> - replacing ChainedTilesContextFactory, that is, in fact a CoR object;
> - using multiple chained DefinitionDao, for example to try to load
> first from definition URL, then from patterned (with wildcard)
> definition, then from a db.
> - for view preparers, where they can be "commands" of Commons Chain.

I agree on all points. I use chain quite a lot and find it very
useful. Maybe it's something I can actually help with :-)

Greg

Re: Commons chain?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Sounds sensible...