Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Emory Fry <ea...@gmx.com> on 2014/04/15 06:07:13 UTC

Using MySql / MariaDB - application/octet-stream Error

Hello,

Trying to install 3.1-Incubating on a Debian Wheezy box….. default H2 database works fine….but switching to MariaDB 5.5.36 generates:

Internal Server Error(500):
Could not find MessageBodyWriter for response object of type: org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.jaxrs.ErrorResponse of media type: application/octet-stream

The database is remotely accessible, the mysql-connector jar is installed, but the Tomcat 7.0.28 server is unhappy. Running OpenJDK

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this?  Thanks

Emory

Re: Using MySql / MariaDB - application/octet-stream Error

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Emory,

On 15/04/14 06:07, Emory Fry wrote:
> Trying to install 3.1-Incubating on a Debian Wheezy box….. default H2 database works
fine….but switching to MariaDB 5.5.36 generates:

Actually I never tested Marmotta over MariaDB, although for the moment I
think it keeps fully compatible with MySQL, right?

> Internal Server Error(500): Could not find MessageBodyWriter for
> response object of type:
org.apache.marmotta.platform.core.jaxrs.ErrorResponse of media type:
application/octet-stream

> The database is remotely accessible, the mysql-connector jar is
installed, but the Tomcat 7.0.28 server is unhappy. Running OpenJDK

> java version "1.7.0_25" OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10)
> (7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1)
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this?  Thanks

Marmotta requires Servlet API >= 3.0, which means you need to use Tomcat
 >= 7.0.30. Please, try to upgrade your tomcat installation, and, if the
issue still remains there, file an issue in Jira.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández