Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by kent stand <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 23:47:23 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass issues

Hello,

I am setting up a VirtualHost which passes most of its traffic to another
server instance via ProxyPass, but reserves some requests for that
VirtualHost. The issue is that all of the traffic is being proxied, despite
the directives I set:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName www.example.tld
  DocumentRoot /home/user/public_directory/
  ProxyPass /directory/ !
  ProxyPass /file !
  Alias /directory/ /home/user/directory/
  ProxyPreserveHost     On
  ProxyPass / http://localhost:5959/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5959/
</VirtualHost>

I am using Apache/2.0.55. Unfortunately, no matter how I order or word (with
or without backslashes) the ProxyPass directives, the requests are never
handled by Apache2. Am I perhaps overlooking some fundamental aspect of
ProxyPass?

Thanks,
Kent S.

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass issues

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/24/06, kent stand <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am setting up a VirtualHost which passes most of its traffic to another
> server instance via ProxyPass, but reserves some requests for that
> VirtualHost. The issue is that all of the traffic is being proxied, despite
> the directives I set:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ServerName www.example.tld
>   DocumentRoot /home/user/public_directory/
>   ProxyPass /directory/ !
>   ProxyPass /file !
>   Alias /directory/ /home/user/directory/
>   ProxyPreserveHost     On
>   ProxyPass / http://localhost:5959/
>   ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5959/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I am using Apache/2.0.55. Unfortunately, no matter how I order or word (with
> or without backslashes) the ProxyPass directives, the requests are never
> handled by Apache2. Am I perhaps overlooking some fundamental aspect of
> ProxyPass?

It should be
ProxyPass /directory !
Aliase /directory /home/user/directory