Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com> on 2004/01/06 02:33:19 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_perl appropriate?

I'm not sure if this is the answer. The question is, I notice an
application under development takes about 5 seconds to compile on my
server. It would doubtless benefit from a rewrite however some of the
overhead is just because it's gotten pretty big, with several packages to
load.

Is mod_perl the appropriate thing to use to reduce this overhead in my
development environment? If so, is this a proper place to ask for
information on installation etc..?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site

Re: [users@httpd] mod_perl appropriate?

Posted by Carl Brewer <ca...@vivitec.com.au>.
Marty Landman wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the answer. The question is, I notice an
> application under development takes about 5 seconds to compile on my
> server. It would doubtless benefit from a rewrite however some of the
> overhead is just because it's gotten pretty big, with several packages
> to load.
>
> Is mod_perl the appropriate thing to use to reduce this overhead in my
> development environment? If so, is this a proper place to ask for
> information on installation etc..?

Quite possibly mod_perl may well be very useful

The place to ask is the modperl list, see perl.apache.org for
details

cheers

Carl