Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Laxma Reddy Dendi <ax...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/10 11:23:07 UTC

newbie: wsdd problem

Hi All,
   I am having problems in deploying a web-service
using wsdd.
   I have compiled the following code and put the
class file in tomcathome/webapps/axis and using the
following wsdd file:
---------------------------------------
public class SparePartPrice{
	public SparePartPrice(){
	}

	public float getPrice(String partSKU){
		return (float)10.99;
	}
}

xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-Instance/">

	<service name="SparePartPrice" provider="java:RPC"
style="rpc">
		<parameter name="className" value="SparePartPrice"/>
	</service>
</deployment>
------------------------------------

when i run the following i am getting an error.

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService

error:
Processing file deploy.wsdd
Exception:: (500)Internal Server Error

please advice me. any help would be great.

thanks in advance

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

RE: newbie: wsdd problem

Posted by Laxma Reddy Dendi <ax...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Vijai Mohan and Harald Pollak for your replies.

After going through the tomcat log file carefully I
found that somewhere "wsdd" files are in wrong shape.
so i searched all the "wsdd" files under the axis
directory and found that I messed with
server-config.wsdd. I had only these following lines
in the server-config.wsdd.
<service name="AdminService" provider="java:MSG">
  <parameter name="className"
value="org.apache.axis.util.Admin"/>
  <parameter name="enableRemoteAdmin" value="true"/>
</service>
[[missed
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
...etc
]]

So I simply deleted this file and restared the tomcat
and then everything works fine.

thank you guys for suggesting server-config.wsdd.

sincerely
Laxma Dendi

(http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService?wsdl)

http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Version?method=getVersion