Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/25 15:43:23 UTC

Should we acquire a pet RAT?

We don't currently run rat in the builds, and I think that it would be
prudent to add that to the picture. Anyone object?

Re: Should we acquire a pet RAT?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
sounds good for me too to have a separate rat profile (need to be
activated on ci server)

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Should we acquire a pet RAT?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I've done a quick check. We've got plenty for the rat to complain
about; files in the source tree with no licenses.

There are a couple of ways to go about cleaning this up. The most
draconian would be to prevent any release of anything uncompliant. A
less stringent idea would be to add an execution that just produces
the report to our ordinary build, and hope that people look at it and
actually make changes.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.