Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Lunagariya, Dhaval " <dh...@citi.com> on 2016/03/30 16:25:27 UTC

Extra ZEROS getting generated in Target table

Hey folks,

I am executing INSERT INTO SELECT hive query through oozie workflow. Below are the details. Extra zeros are getting generated in target table(parquet_table). Can anyone help me to identify the issue.

Ex.

Value of COLUMN_SAMPLE in source table(tab1) : 1
Value of COLUMN_SAMPLE in destination table(parquet_table) :  1000000000000000000

Avro column:
"name":"COLUMN_SAMPLE","type":["null",{"type":"bytes","logicalType":"decimal","precision":"38","scale":"18"}]

Select Query(insert.sql):

insert into table parquet_table select * from default.tab1;

OOZIE HIVE Action:

<hive xmlns="uri:oozie:hive-action:0.2">
                                                <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
                                                <name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>
                                                <job-xml>${hive_site_location}</job-xml>
                                                <configuration>
                                                                <property>
                                                                                <name>hive.querylog.location</name>
                                                                                <value>/tmp</value>
                                                                </property>
                                                                <property>
                                                                                <name>hive.exec.local.scratchdir</name>
                                                                                <value>/tmp</value>
                                                                </property>
                                                                <property>
                                                                                <name>hive.root.logger</name>
                                                                                <value>INFO,console</value>
                                                                </property>
                                                </configuration>
                                                <script>/user/file/insert.sql</script>
</hive>

Regards,
Dhaval

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Anand Murali, to unsubscribe please send a message to
user-unsubscribe@hive.apache.org as described here:  Mailing Lists
<http://hive.apache.org/mailing_lists.html>.  Thanks.

-- Lefty

unsubscribe