Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Afkham Azeez <az...@apache.org> on 2011/02/15 22:04:46 UTC

Tomcat 7 - does unpackWars=false work

Hi folks,
In my server.xml file, I have set unpackWars to false as follows:

<Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">

However, my WAR files are still being unpacked into the work directory. Am I
missing something?

Thanks
Azeez

Re: Tomcat 7 - does unpackWars=false work

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
I explicitly set antiJARLocking and antiResourceLocking to false and now it
is is working as expected. I;m using Embedded Tomcat. Thanks guys.

Azeez

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/02/2011 21:47, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> >> From: afkham@gmail.com [mailto:afkham@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Afkham
> Azeez
> >> Subject: Tomcat 7 - does unpackWars=false work
> >
> >> In my server.xml file, I have set unpackWars to false as follows:
> >> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
> >>             unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">
> >> However, my WAR files are still being unpacked into the work
> >> directory. Am I missing something?
> >
> > Just the fact that the .war files have to be unpacked somewhere;
>
> No they don't. Tomcat will run an application quite happily directly
> from a WAR.
>
> > all the config tag does is prevent them from being unpacked into the
> <Host> appBase directory.
>
> Unpacking into the work directory is a side-effect of enabling either
> antiJARLocking or antiResourceLocking.
>
> Mark

*Afkham Azeez*
Senior Software Architect & Senior Manager; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
*
*
*Member; Apache Software Foundation;
**http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
*
email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
*
linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
*
*
*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
*
*

Re: Tomcat 7 - does unpackWars=false work

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: afkham@gmail.com [mailto:afkham@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Afkham Azeez
> Subject: Tomcat 7 - does unpackWars=false work

> In my server.xml file, I have set unpackWars to false as follows:
> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="true">
> However, my WAR files are still being unpacked into the work
> directory. Am I missing something?

Just the fact that the .war files have to be unpacked somewhere; all the config tag does is prevent them from being unpacked into the <Host> appBase directory.

 - Chuck