Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by craig w <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 20:12:09 UTC

Hadoop 2.x -- how to configure secondary namenode?

I have an old Hadoop install that I'm looking to update to Hadoop 2. In the
old setup, I have a <hadoop_home>/conf/masters file that specifies the
secondary namenode.

Looking through the Hadoop 2 documentation I can't find any mention of a
"masters" file, or how to setup a secondary namenode.

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
craig

Fwd: Hadoop 2.x -- how to configure secondary namenode?

Posted by craig w <co...@gmail.com>.
I confirmed, Hadoop 2 does use $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/masters to start secondary
namenodes.

--

https://github.com/mindscratch
https://www.google.com/+CraigWickesser

Fwd: Hadoop 2.x -- how to configure secondary namenode?

Posted by craig w <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by craig w <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by craig w <co...@gmail.com>.