Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2020/08/31 19:09:20 UTC

[VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Dear fellow Hadoop developers,

Given the overwhelming feedback from the discussion thread
https://s.apache.org/hadoop2.9eold, I'd like to start an official vote
thread for the community to vote and start the 2.9 EOL process.

What this entails:

(1) an official announcement that no further regular Hadoop 2.9.x releases
will be made after 2.9.2 (which was GA on 11/19/2019)
(2) resolve JIRAs that specifically target 2.9.3 as won't fix.

This vote will run for 7 days and will conclude by September 7th, 12:00pm
pacific time.
Committers are eligible to cast binding votes. Non-committers are welcomed
to cast non-binding votes.

Here is my vote, +1

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9(Internet mail)

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
I counted 11 binding +1 votes, 2 non-binding +1 vote. No -1 votes. This
vote is passed.

I'll proceed with an official announcement.

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

--
John Zhuge

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

p.s. We should still maintain 2.10 for Hadoop 2 users and encourage them to
upgrade to Hadoop 3.

Re: [VOTE] End of Life Hadoop 2.9

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <di...@apache.org>.
+1