Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Shay <sh...@rafael.co.il> on 2003/10/03 18:54:45 UTC

Problem in Saving XML file with DTD

Hello,

I built a simple application that parses an XML document (using
JAXP1.2), modifies it using DOM and saves the changes.
After this process is completed the file includes everything but the
DTD.

I should mention that I'm using the Transformator in order to write the
DOM document to a file, but it seems to skip the DTD section when
writing the new updated XML file.

Why is it happening and how can I keep the DTD??

Thanks

Shay.

Re: Problem in Saving XML file with DTD

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 06:54 PM 10/3/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>I should mention that I'm using the Transformator in order to write the
>DOM document to a file, but it seems to skip the DTD section when writing
>the new updated XML file.
>Why is it happening and how can I keep the DTD??

Have you added the following to your XSLT?...

<xsl:output
     method="xml"
     indent="yes"
     doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
     doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd" />

Add your own doctype info there and it will show up in the resulting document.

Jake