Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2002/02/08 23:29:34 UTC

Re: Dispatcher/Adapter

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 23:20:33 +0100 (CET), giacomo <gi...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, DZIEMBOWSKI,KINGA (HP-NewJersey,ex2) wrote:
>
> > Just for curiosity why some sitemap components are registered in
> > the sitemap and some in cocoon.xconf. What is the criteria used to
> > make the decision where to register the component?
>
> To tell you the truth: I DON'T KNOW! they shouldn't be there (or
> I've missed some changes recently). There has beeen proposals to move
> all component from the sitemap.xmap to the cocoon.xconf but we have not
> come to a decision.
>
> So, Vadim, why are they there?

I remember Vadim doing some work in this area. Apparently now all the
components can be declared in cocoon.xconf, is this true?

I've done a similar think in Schecoon, where the components are loaded
from a separate file, components.xconf. The code that reads this is in
Java and can be easily taken out and integrated in the main Cocoon, if
this was not already done by Vadim. Let me know if you're interested
in this, and I'll point you to the right file to look at.

Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>