Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Brödner <br...@smilingfish.de> on 2004/10/08 11:37:30 UTC

Non-Engish date-header from SA causes probs with email-clients

Dear all!

I am using SA (2.63, SuSe Linux 9.0) in a German language environment to get the
score description etc. out in German (I have LANG=de_DE LANGUAGE=de_DE export
LANG LANGUAGE in my /etc/sysconfig/spamd)

Because of this, SA also seems to writes a German Date-Header into the taged
mails it sends out.

Now, some e-mail clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook Express have
problems to interpret this German date-header correctly (and this should be the
same with some other languages around).

The differences in the mail-headers are tiny:
Englisch:
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:48:21 +0200
German:
Date: Do, 07 Okt 2004 10:19:30

But now Thunderbird shows the mail with the date 01.01.1970 01:00 !!! Outlook
Express shows the right date in the list of e-mails, but when opening the mail
it shows January instead of October, day and year are ok here.

It worked well until October, because Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep is all the same in German.
But now its O_k_tober, and soon there will be De_z_ember in Germany :-)

This may be an issue of the clients, but is there a way to force SA to generate
an english date-header, even in a non-englisch environment which ist needed for
creating non-english score-descriptions?

Or, do you have any other ideas?

Thank you very much
Bruno

Re: Non-Engish date-header from SA causes probs with email-clients

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> The differences in the mail-headers are tiny:
> Englisch:
> Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:48:21 +0200
> German:
> Date: Do, 07 Okt 2004 10:19:30

I wonder if part of the problem might be the missing timezone info on the
end of the German timestamp.

        Loren