Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 15:22:51 UTC

mapper.save() throws a ThreadPool error (Java)

I'm creating a session, connecting to it, then creating a mappingManager(),
then obtaining a mapper for MyPojo.class

If I then try to do mapper.save(myPojo), I get the following stacktrace:

Oct 11, 2016 8:16:26 PM com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList
executeListener
SEVERE: RuntimeException while executing runnable
com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$ChainingListenableFuture@5164e29
with executor
com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$ListeningDecorator@5f77d54d
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task
com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures$ChainingListenableFuture@5164e29
rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@53213dad[Terminated,
pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2047)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:823)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1369)
at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$ListeningDecorator.execute(MoreExecutors.java:484)
at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.executeListener(ExecutionList.java:156)
at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionList.add(ExecutionList.java:101)
at
com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.addListener(AbstractFuture.java:170)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures.transform(Futures.java:608)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.SessionManager.toPreparedStatement(SessionManager.java:200)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.SessionManager.prepareAsync(SessionManager.java:161)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractSession.prepareAsync(AbstractSession.java:134)
at com.datastax.driver.mapping.Mapper.getPreparedQueryAsync(Mapper.java:121)
at com.datastax.driver.mapping.Mapper.saveQueryAsync(Mapper.java:224)
at com.datastax.driver.mapping.Mapper.saveAsync(Mapper.java:307)
at com.datastax.driver.mapping.Mapper.save(Mapper.java:270)

Any ideas what's causing this? Afaik I'm doing all the steps asked for

Re: mapper.save() throws a ThreadPool error (Java)

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.
Uh, yeah, I'm a moron. I was doing this inside a try/catch block, and the
class containing my session was autoclosing the session at the end of the
try/ catch (i.e try (Environment env = new Environment() ).

Nvm, I'm an idiot

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.