Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/19 20:29:26 UTC

Hadoop 2.0.5 YARN Single Node Cluster Pseudo-Distributed Operation

Hi

I have some basic Getting Started Questions.

1. Is there a pseudo-distrubution configuration for Hadoop v2 similar to
what we had in V1, where the NameNodes, Data nodes are seperate processes

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

2. In the Yarn Single Cluster Configuration, we don't start the Name
Node/Data Nodes etc as explained in the the document.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

Do I need to configure the hdfs-site.xml and start the namenode and data
nodes?

thanks,
Rajesh

Re: Hadoop 2.0.5 YARN Single Node Cluster Pseudo-Distributed Operation

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Rajesh Jain <rj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have some basic Getting Started Questions.
>
> 1. Is there a pseudo-distrubution configuration for Hadoop v2 similar to what we had in V1, where the NameNodes, Data nodes are separate processes

Yes, unfortunately the docs seem to have missed this. Can you pls open a jira? It's very similar to HDFS in hadoop-1.x.

hth,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop 2.0.5 YARN Single Node Cluster Pseudo-Distributed Operation

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop 2.0.5 YARN Single Node Cluster Pseudo-Distributed Operation

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop 2.0.5 YARN Single Node Cluster Pseudo-Distributed Operation

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.