Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gustavo Gaiote <GG...@visanet.com.br> on 2003/06/20 22:38:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems during startup

Hello!!

I'm a new apache user.
And after the installation when I try start the httpd service on Red Hat 9
the system returns the follow message:
Name or service not known: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPV4 address of
"localhost.localdomain" Configuration Failed
The IP configuration is OK.

Anyone saw this problem before?

Thanks...

Gustavo

RE: [users@httpd] Problems during startup

Posted by cs...@fx.ro.
Problems during startupYou should use
ServerName
directive in httpd.conf, using something which can be resolved by DNS, or
hosts file.

HTH,
Lian