Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Marcel Baumann <ma...@bbv.ch> on 2007/05/21 14:25:03 UTC

Geronimo 2.0M5 and 1.2beta JSPWiki WAR deployment problem

I was trying to deploy the JSPWiki war - www.jspwiki.org - version 2.4.102
and deploy it in Geronimo under OS X 10.4.9. I used the deploy "deploy new
application" link in the Gernonimo console and specified the JSPWiki.war
file as application and no deployment plan. No log error was visible but
more or less the whole tomcat seems to crash. Most of the links of the
Geronimo console did not worked any more.

I tried it with Geronimo/Tomcat 2.0M5 and Geronimo/Tomcat 1.2beta, both with
the same problems.

The same deployment of JSPWiki.war on Tomcat  6.0.13 worked without any
problem.

Has anybody tried to deploy an official JSPWiki war file on Geronimo and had
success?

Because no errors appear in the log it is quite difficult for me to infer
the problem.

Thanks for any hints how to correct the problem.

Marcel Baumann

Re: Geronimo 2.0M5 and 1.2beta JSPWiki WAR deployment problem

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Hi Marcel

I have not tried JSPWiki on Geronimo but i have deployed JAMWiki
http://jamwiki.org attaching a simple geronimo-web.xml file with a mysql
backed so if you don't solve the issues you can always try jamwiki. If
you need help with the plans I can post them.

/Peter Petersson

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,
I've been testing this wiki and having the same problems at start time, no matter what I put in the Geronimo dep plans.
I'm thinking it could be a coding issue on the JSPWiki side. Still looking at it.

Cheers!
Hernan