Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2006/06/26 23:31:18 UTC

[Incubator Docathon] Committers guide

The old learn/mailing-lists was merged into guides/committers, which is
another excellent change.

But I have a question about this wording that was carried over:

   "In addition to the per-project and special-group mailing lists,
there are a few that cross all boundaries:"

So per-project is the -user, -dev, and -commits lists.

What was originally meant by "special-group"?

I'll tweak committers to explain.

thanks,

 -jean

Re: [Incubator Docathon] Committers guide

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> The old learn/mailing-lists was merged into guides/committers, which is
> another excellent change.

just trying to consolidate what we have.

IMHO a smaller number of longer guides may suit this audience better.

> But I have a question about this wording that was carried over:
>
>    "In addition to the per-project and special-group mailing lists,
> there are a few that cross all boundaries:"
>
> So per-project is the -user, -dev, and -commits lists.
>
> What was originally meant by "special-group"?

i think that this is meant to include committees such as public
relations, groups such as legal and ad hoc groupings such as
community.

> I'll tweak committers to explain.

yes - please do or even better, rework it

the foundation documentation has a lot of reasonable content that is
organised into short reference points. these should have anchors. at
the moment, there's a lot of incubator content that duplicates
material that already existings in the foundation documents but is
lacking in editorial content. it'd probably be good for the incubator
documentation to include more references to material in the foundation
documentation embedded in editorial content introducing the material.

- robert