Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2006/08/06 11:45:57 UTC

Re: arabic translation

Hi Mohammed,

Comments inline

> hi all,
>
> i'm new in this project and i want to know if there's an arabic
> translation to ofbiz,

As far as I know there is yet now arabic translation in OFBiz (ie no *_ar.properties files).

>and who handles it,

so nobody handles it

>and how i can start translating if it's not already done,

but you may be the one

>can i do translation without any  experince in java and other related technologies ? .

Yes you can. To ease your work I suggest you some steps :

Install Eclipse IDE : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
Install ResourceBundle Editor (RBE) see here : http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=EclipsePlugins
Install Subversion (svn) plugin in Eclipse aka Subclipse :  http://subclipse.tigris.org/
Link to the repository with Subclipse help : http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/svn.html
Make a project from this repository with Subclipse (Check Out)
At this point you should be able to do any translation with *ease*

Thanks for your help

A last point, as you see I have made a copy of this message to the users list. In the future please rather use this list as
translation is not development.

Jacques

Re: arabic translation

Posted by Mohammed Hagag <mo...@gmail.com>.
no problem man ;) .

--
Mohamed M. Hagag
محمد محمود حجاج

Re: arabic translation

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: arabic translation

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: arabic translation

Posted by Mohammed Hagag <mo...@gmail.com>.
i think so, but i didn't comment as i don't know the dev road-map and
stratigies.
but now ++

--
Mohamed M. Hagag
محمد محمود حجاج

Re: arabic translation

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: arabic translation

Posted by Mohammed Hagag <mo...@gmail.com>.
many thanks,

>A last point, as you see I have made a copy of this message to the
users list. In >the future please rather use this list as
>translation is not development.

i'm sorry ;) .

--
Mohamed M. Hagag