Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrey Simonov <au...@bk.ru> on 2009/08/18 18:46:00 UTC

HTTP Request Defaults - specify default folder

Hello,

I have a question regarding HTTP Request Defaults - is there any way to
specify a default folder in this element or anywhere else?

Currently only server name and port are defaulted. But all my server
requests go like

server:port/folder1/folder2

So is there any way not to specify folder1/folder2 all the time?

>From Help on 'HTTP Request Defaults' element:
Note that the path is the default for the full path, not a prefix to be
applied to paths specified on the HTTP Request screens.

Re: HTTP Request Defaults - specify default folder

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
i think what is expected is
HTTPSample1 - /folder1/folder2/a.html
HTTPSample2 -  /folder1/folder2/folder3/xyz.html

And he wants to default out /folder1/folder2 which doesnt work (other than
what noel said)

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
you *might* be able to workaround this if the tests where you need this to
apply can be grouped up in some way (or even if it applies to all requests)

e.g.
ThreadGroup
    HttpSample1
    HttpSample2
    BeanShell PreProcessor --> Applies to all elements in thread group
        //complicated logic determining when to apply default , easy if it
is to apply to all elements
        sampler.setPath("/folder1/folder2" + sampler.getPath());

regards
deepak

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.