Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by appi03 <ar...@sparta.com> on 2007/10/31 18:32:46 UTC

ActiveMq-Cpp on Redhat

I have a specific requirement to run ActiveMq on Redhat and I was wondering
if I need to follow the same direction as the one for ubuntu/fedora, which
is in the readme file.

Re: ActiveMq-Cpp on Redhat

Posted by appi03 <ar...@sparta.com>.
I will give that a try and see what happens.

Anyhow I was trying to run activemq-4.1.1 broker on the Redhat and it keeps
giving me this error. Not sure what is going on. Please advise.

[root@localhost bin]# ./activemq
libgcj-java-placeholder.sh

This script is a placeholder for the /usr/bin/java
master link required by jpackage.org conventions.  libgcj's
rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools are now slave symlinks to these
masters, and are managed by the alternatives(8) system.

This change was necessary because the rmiregistry, rmic and jar tools
installed by previous versions of libgcj conflicted with symlinks
installed by jpackage.org JVM packages.

This script was designed to be overridden by the supported RHEL3 JRE
packages, java-1.4.2-bea and java-1.4.2-ibm.  It is installed as an
alternative symlink as /usr/bin/java.  It will override a third-party
(non-RHEL3) JRE's java command if the JRE's bin directory is listed
after /usr/bin in PATH.  In that case, it is recommended that the
third-party JRE's bin directory be listed first in PATH instead.

gij: unrecognized option -- `-Xmx512M'
Try `gij --help' for more information.

Re: ActiveMq-Cpp on Redhat

Posted by Timothy Bish <ti...@sensis.com>.